Thursday, August 4

The Myth of Perseus

Hell, I don't like to diss things that are free, but I think I oughta write about this otherwise I'll bottle up a lot of anger and will need radical therapy.
I'll even out my karma by given them a free usability report later :)
So, a few months ago I googled for free-as-in-free-beer, research/student friendly, on-line survey providers. Of all the names found, Perseus seemed to be a popular choice among students and they even have a mouth watering free service to get you started.
I signed up, created my first survey (I promise I won't go into any detail on how long it takes to get one done and how painfully slow their interface is), and published the pilot. When I was ready to go live, I was greeted with the message below for a week, every time I tried to logon:


Huh? Now is this user-friendly quick response or what? A week of this! Now my question is: do they do this to their corporate users, too? I wonder.

So, patient as I am, I did what most people would: I changed provider.
Found QuestionPro and asked myself how come they were not my first choice earlier. More on them later.

No comments: