Wednesday, July 27

The Unbearable Weightness of Being

Every time I go back home to my parents, they always remark that "I've lost weight" and "I look very skinny". Now if I had really lost all that much weight at each visit, I would be a popular skeleton model at some med school by now.
Interestingly enough, I've also noticed my scales seem to disagree with that observation, together with the fact that my food intake levels haven't seen any significant drop (quite the opposite!), and I feel myself "puffier".
Since they are also the only ones who notice this extraordinary weight loss of mine, I guess what they are really trying to say is "we miss you beloved son, we want you back at our dinner table like in the past, we want to cook for you, we miss your company!"
I love my parents :)

No comments: