From the cool people behind We Make Money Not Art
Wednesday, March 28
Wednesday, March 21
Thursday, March 15
-"Mate, I still remember my first kiss...it was with Allison from 5th grade! What about you?"
-"Me? Hmm, let me see... Well, I spent this weekend on granny's farm, and..."
Wednesday, March 14
Capital of the World
Now settled 5 minutes away from Primrose Hill, I often recall the glorious London of my first week with The Clash looping constantly in my head: alive, drop-dead gorgeous, intense, truly cosmopolitan, and brimming with possibilities! 9+ years later it still feels that way.
Monday, March 12
- Make a will - @TODO
- Pay off your credit cards - DONE, never had debt.
- Get term life insurance if you have a family to support - @TODO
- Fund your
401kPension to the maximum - DONE
- Fund your
IRAISA's to the maximum - @TODO, I'm about 60% done.
- Buy a house if you want to live in a house and can afford it - @TODO
- Put six months worth of expenses in a money-market account - @TODO, only have 2 months.
- Take whatever money is left over and invest 70% in a stock index fund and 30% in a bond fund through any discount broker and never touch it until retirement - DONE
- If any of this confuses you, or you have something special going on (retirement, college planning, tax issues), hire a fee-based financial planner, not one who charges a percentage of your portfolio - NO NEED
3 out of 8 is not particularly impressive...