Wednesday, March 22

Poor usability: Adobe


About Face 2.0 to the rescue:
Considerate software is self-confident
Are you sure? Are you really sure? Are you really, really sure?

And
Considerate software doesn't burden you with its personal problems
Software whines at us with error messages, interrupts us with confirmation dialog boxes, and brags to us with unnecessary notifications. We aren't interested in the program's crisis of confidence about whether or not to purge its recycle bin. We don't want to hear its whining about not being sure where to put a file on disk. We don't need to see information about the computer's data transfer rates and its loading sequence, any more than we need information about the customer service agent's unhappy love affair.

Well, I certainly won't like to reboot -not now, not later. Since I'm updating your software, all I need to know is: do I have to reboot to successfully update? Nothing more, nothing less.


Perhaps this is just me being anal but I find the label 'Quit' on the button rather annoying. The installation is complete, so what exactly am I quitting?
The only operation left seems to be close the window. Why not simply say that?

No comments: